What is it?
This is an overall health assessment that will enable you and your doctor to identify current and potential health problems. This will allow you both to develop an ongoing health plan specific to you.
How do I make an appointment for a Women’s Health Check?
Advise our receptionists when you telephone for an appointment that you would like to book in for a Women’s Health Check. They will allocate you a 30 min consultation.
How much will it cost?
You will need a 30 minute appointment and will be billed accordingly. Please also note that pathology, radiology etc. ordered during the appointment are not included in the doctors fee and may be billed privately by the provider.
What will happen?
You and your doctor will work through your medical history and your family’s medical history. You will explore your lifestyle, diet, exercise and ways of dealing with stress. Your doctor may include a heart, and diabetes risk assessment. You may be required to come back a couple of times over a 6-week period to cover all this information. Your doctor will explain this to you.
During your Women’s health check your doctor may make a thorough medical history of your health and your family.
The check will also include a medical examination looking at your:
- Blood pressure
- Blood tests to check your cholesterol and blood sugar levels
- A height, weight, eye and ear check.
- A breast check.
- A pap smear and gynaecological checkup
- Skin lesions and mole check.
- Bone density testing, depending on your age (for osteoporosis).
There will also be an opportunity for you and your doctor to develop plans for:
Exercise, weight reduction, healthy eating and managing stress.
Or even address other health concerns:
Depression, relationship issues etc.
What may happen after the first appointment?
- Your doctor may request you return for follow up testing after 3 -6 months.
- If there is more time needed to take further tests or to discuss in more detail specific health concerns longer appointment times will be arranged for you.
- Your doctor can work with you to develop ways to manage stress and any lifestyle changes.