It is not always easy to breastfeed, and it can be difficult to know where to get help. Mothers can access information and support in a variety of settings, including their GP.
Dr Kate Naylor is an experienced GP – Lactation Consultant, and can offer the following services:
- Antenatal information/support and lactation plan for pregnant women.
- Assistance with feeding issues from birth and beyond
- Full breastfeeding assessment including infant oral/craniofacial examination
- Tongue tie release for the infant may be offered when assessed to be related to breastfeeding problems
- Treatment of breastfeeding problems including mastitis, thrush, nipple damage, nipple/breast infection, low supply, over supply, breast refusal and fussy infant
- Slow or low baby weight gain management
- Assistance with breastfeeding aids such as nipple shields and supply lines.
- Breast feeding plan
- Education on different methods of position and attachment
- Assistance with weaning and introduction of solids
- Assessment of postnatal mental health
What Can I Expect From My Breastfeeding Consultation?
- Dr Kate will gather information about your pregnancy, and what has happened so far in your breastfeeding journey
- She will examine you and your baby, including measuring your baby’s weight as required
- She will observe a breastfeed and make suggestions with the positioning and attachment
- Dr Kate will help you work out a management plan going forward
- Dr Kate Naylor is able to provide lactation consults via telehealth through Skype or phone.
What are Dr Naylor’s qualifications?
Dr Kate Naylor
MB BS, FRACGP, IBCLC
Dr Kate is a member of the professional bodies of the Australian Breastfeeding Association and Lactation Consultants of Australia & NZ (LCANZ).
What does the service cost?
Consultations are charged at our standard rates, see here.
When you book in, please let the receptionists know it is for Breastfeeding Support. We will book both you and your baby in, and we will require you to fill in the new patient forms for both of you. This may take some time, so please arrive a little early.
Please call the clinic at 9592 0744 if you have any questions about this service.