We have all ages covered for influenza vaccination and are running weekly clinics. Flu vaccination appointments can be booked online via HotDoc or our website here.
If you have been lucky enough to have a COVID vaccination, you must have 14 days between this and your flu vaccine.
For more information about the flu and the importance of yearly vaccination
At BFWC we have two new flu clinics available from 1:30pm-4:30pm on the following dates:
· Saturday 24th April
· Saturday 1st May
There are different vaccines depending on your age.
This necessitates 3 different appointment types as below:
· AGED 65 OR OVER? Saturday 24th April has a clinic dedicated to you and your vaccine. Please select the 65+ Flu Vaccine appointment type when booking online.
· AGED 5-64? You’re looking for Flu Vaccine (5-64) as your appointment type. If Flu Clinic 1 is fully booked, please try Flu Clinics 2, 3 or 4.
· CHILDREN AGED 6 MONTHS TO 4 YEARS? Please book them in using the Under 5 Flu Vaccine appointment type. This vaccine is funded by the government.
Please follow the link below to book an appointment at one of our weekend flu vaccination clinics:
Alternatively you can book via the HotDoc app. As always, you can also call our reception team on 9516 5100.
Please note the following requirements:
1. Masks are a requirement when entering the clinic; please make sure to bring yours with you
2. If you develop any of the following symptoms please cancel your appointment (you will be able to reschedule once you are well again) – sore throat, cough, runny nose, fever etc.
3. The flu vaccination is $25; if you qualify due to a chronic condition the vaccine is funded by the government. The doctor will assess this at your appointment. Children under 5 are also eligible for a funded vaccine
4. You must have a minimum 2 weeks (14 days) between your COVID-19 vaccination and any other vaccination, including the Flu vaccine
On the day of your vaccination, our phones will be switched off. Please enter the clinic at the time of your appointment – due to continued COVID-19 requirements we are still limited as to the number of people in our waiting room and as such cannot accommodate patients arriving more than 5 minutes before their booked time.
We recommend that you download the Medicare App to your smart phone. This app links you to your medicare card and your My Gov account and will become important as it also has your up to date immunisation status. It will show the dates of your COVID and Flu vaccinations.
Search for Express Plus Medicare App or Click this Link Here